Homepage
| Doctor Who | Torchwood | The Sarah Jane Adventures | Classic Series | Facts and Info | Who's History
Character Files | Monster and Villain Files | Spacecraft Files | Planet Files | Gallery | Videos | Merry Christmas | Awards

Day 11 - The Red and White Man

Photobucket
Well, just before we start, I did this quickly, and I think that it is a terrible story, possibly, but you might find it ok, I suppose. I ran out of ideas, and I was orginally going to write a diary, but anyway. I haven't any more time to make something different, as this took my time up, so enjoy it if you want to. Please comment on what you think, and if should actually continue it. Thank You.

The Red and White Man - Part 1

Christmas Shopping on Christmas Eve had always been a tradition in our family. Of course, we’d bought most of the presents beforehand, but we still liked to go out into the main city, and have a look round at all the festive displays. We sometimes got gifts, and gave them to each other on the night. We felt we needed at least something earlier, otherwise all the presents would be left for the big day, and then we wouldn’t have time to play games and have fun, plus watching out favourite programmes on the television. It seemed today, just like any other year, the shops were very crowded, but at least everyone had a smile on their face, apart from the sad few who take Christmas and throw it in the fire. I’ve always wondered what they do on Christmas. How miserable they must seem, and I doubt they even have a loving family to spend it with. But we’re always massive ‘Chrimbo fans’. We have the whole thing; giant tree (which the kids normally decorate, under parent supervision, of course), large lunch, presents galore, stockings for the children (full with gifts Santa left overnight, and it always seems to keep them occupied until at least 6 o’clock in the morning, thank goodness), loud music, Carols, family round the fire, telling their own stories (actually a bigger hit with the children), charades (well…), and so many other things that it would take years to list. There were choirs singing carols in the streets, many colourful lights up everywhere, just so normal, it was abnormal. But this year, something wasn’t quite right. Where was Santa? I know that might sound a strange question to ask, but… ok, we had everything the same as it is every Christmas, but there were no Santa hats, no Grottos for the children, no Ho Ho Ho-ing. Nothing. Not even the items in the shop windows reflected anything to do with the large man. No sleigh bells were jingling, no ‘Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer’. But had everyone forgotten? One thing was for sure… I remembered. But I never said anything, I just let the family carry on the way it did. What about tomorrow morning though? Will they remember then, when they see the stocking empty? We got home near 9 o’clock, me deep in thought. Our annual showing of the Snowman should surely cheer me up, and oh, that has Santa in. We sat down to watch. I can remember all of it up to the end of their walking in the air, but then… it seemed as if time had past all of a sudden. The time it would have been when the film was finished was showing on the clock, but where had that time gone? Still no questions asked, and even I couldn’t get myself to yell at someone asking what the hell was going on! ‘Well, you two’d better be getting into your beds before S-‘ This time I was pushed forward to them lying in bed, me standing over them, wishing them a good night. No stockings by their beds. What was going on? It was time I found out, but suddenly I heard sleigh bells outside. I developed a wide grin on my face. ‘Can you hear that?’ I asked them. ‘Hear what?’ they replied. I left the room, opened the front door, to see what was going on. There was a red and white, hooded figure standing there. ‘ You have been thinking about a person banned from all eternity… Now you must be ridden from this world, before you destroy it…’
To Be Continued...

No comments: